Can I change or end a hiring contract?
Spare staff provides full flexibility to employees and employers. The platform allows both parties to end or change their hiring contract anytime.
Make changes to a hiring contract
As a hirer, you can make changes to rosters by:
- Log in, and visit Your Hirings page
- Find the hiring you need to change, click View Hiring button.
- Click Add or edit roster button to add a new roster or edit an existing roster. You can edit start date, end date, week day and time selection for the roster.
- Enter new wage amount of a roster if necessary.
- Click Send Changes button when finished.
- The poster will receive a notification in email of the changes.
As a poster, if you need to make changes to your roster, send a message to your hirer and tell him/her to change it for you.
End a hiring contract
As a hirer or poster, you can end a hiring at any time if the contract has finished, or if things do not work out.
To end a hiring as a hirer:
- Log in and visit Your Hirings page.
- Find the hiring that you need to end, click View Hiring button.
- Click End Hiring button (this will not immediately end the hiring).
- You will then be prompted to make final payment if there is any leftover money in escrow and leave a review for the employee.
See also: What happens if there is money left in escrow after a hiring has ended?
To end a hiring as a poster:
- Log in and visit Your Listings page.
- Click on Your Reservations link at the left.
- Find the hiring reservation that you need to end, click View Reservation link.
- Click End Hiring button (this will not immediately end the hiring reservation).
- You will then be prompted to leave a review for the hirer. Any leftover money in escrow will be automatically refunded to the hirer. If you believe you are entitled to receive a final payment from the hirer, send a message to the hirer first before ending the hiring reservation.
Employees can also change their rate and set their availabilities or change them anytime. Changing rate, availabilities does not affect existing hiring contract.